Monday 29 November 2010

progress report

I finished my first regular round of revisions for the sequel to Wings today.  (This is the second version of the book.  I finished the first version in June, then the second in October.  This is the final version, except for regular revisions.)   It's 248 pages, more than before I started the revisions; I added to some of the chapters plus wrote a whole new chapter.

After you work on a story long enough, you begin to get really tired of it. I feel that way now.  I sent the manuscript to my editor so she can look it over, which means I'll have a short break from that particular story until she sends it back to me. That works out well, because in a week or two I'll be ready to look at it again.  In the meantime, I'm going to start the pre-writing for my next book.   I'm also going to work on updating my website.  Always lots to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Besides the sequel to "Wings," what is your next book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting the sequel to The Wide Awake Princess.

    ReplyDelete