Tuesday 16 November 2010

What book that I have written is my favorite so far?

This is another question that I am frequently asked and it's a hard one to answer.  I don't really have a favorite. They've all been fun to write and there are certain things about each one that I really like. I loved writing about Emma and Eadric, Millie and Audun.  I loved writing things that I thought were funny, creating the spells and the sea monsters in the troll's mountain, and the mermaids and the dragons. I really liked writing about Tobi in Wings and in its sequel.  I guess I'd have to say that The Wide Awake Princess was one of my favorites because I was able to include so many classic fairy tales. 

There are certain books that are special to me because of what was going on in my life when I was working on them.  Dragon's Breath will always be special because the advance reading copy came out shortly before my mother went into the hospital.  I read it out loud to her when I visited and finished it only a few days before she died.  Although some other books may make me smile, I guess I'd have to say the Dragon's Breath has meant the most to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment