Friday 12 November 2010

How old was I when I started writing?

My fans often ask this question.  I began to write when I was in middle school (junior high to some of you.)    I was an avid reader and discovered that I enjoyed writing just as much.   I started to turn simple school assignments into stories whenever I could.  I wrote a short play that my friends and I performed for a Girl Scout badge.  I read mostly science fiction, mysteries and biographies, but most of the stories I wrote were science fiction.  When I went to college I stopped writing for a while.  I didn't start writing again until after my first two children were born.  I stayed with science fiction until I finally wrote my first fantasy story - The Frog Princess.  I've stayed with fantasy ever since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment